Nafsul Mutmainnah

"(It will be said to the pious): "O (you) the one in (complete) rest and satisfaction (Nafsul Mutmainnah) ! Come back to your Lord, Well-pleased (yourself) and well-pleasing unto Him! Enter you, then, among My honoured slaves, and enter you My Paradise!" - Surah Al Fajr [89:27-30]

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ibn Baaz angry (Rahimahullaah)

Shaikh Raashid ibn Uthmaan az-Zahraani said, 

“A student asked the Shaikh about giving precedence to the saying of a Companion or a student of a Companion over that of the Prophet (sallallaahu'alayhee wa sallam). 

So the Shaikh became angry at that statement and struck his head with his hand saying, ‘O so and so!  You have to place the sunnah of the Prophet (sallallaahu'alayhee wa sallam) on your head [i.e., give precedence to it]!’  

Then after a while the Shaikh called that person and said, ‘You must free me from that [i.e., the fact that I became angry, i.e., don't hold it against me], for I did not say that except out of eagerness to establish the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallaahu'alayhee wa sallam).’”

Mawaaqif Mudee’ah, p. 229.

No comments:

Post a Comment